Chiropractic Healthcare for Wellness
You should see a Chiropractor if you are interested in preventative health care and/or the treatment of an injury. Chiropractic focuses on wellness – without drugs and surgery.
What is Chiropractic?
- An approach to health and healing that utilizes the body’s inherent and natural recuperative powers.
- A healing science that emphasizes the importance of maintaining the structural integrity of the body.
- A conservative method of health care that does not utilize drugs or surgery.
- A holistic method that deals with treating the cause of the problem rather than just the symptoms.
- Chiropractic takes into account all aspects of the patient’s life: family history, work, stress level, lifestyle, environment, diet and exercise habits.
Why Should I See a Chiropractor?
You should see a Chiropractor if you are interested in preventative health care and/or the treatment of an injury. Chiropractic focuses on wellness – without drugs and surgery. Chiropractic care is based on maintaining the structural alignment of the spine and extremities and also takes into account the role of diet, exercise, and emotional balance.
What are Some Common Conditions that Can Benefit from Chiropractic?
- Low back, hip and/or leg pain or numbness
- Neck, shoulder and arm pain, tingling or numbness
- Chronic headaches
- Knee and/or ankle pain or injury
- All types of sports, dance and work injuries
- Carpal Tunnel symptoms
- Pain between shoulder blades
- Difficulty sitting, bending and lifting
- Problems sleeping due to neck or back pain
- Progressive weakness in an arm or leg
- Recurring joint pain, stiffness or swelling
- Auto accident injury
- Inability to perform daily activities
What is an Adjustment?
A spinal adjustment is a gentle and precise placement of the vertebra into its correct position. Adjusting the vertebrae can remove irritation and help the nervous system return to its natural efficiency. As a result, chiropractic adjustments support the body’s defense system, maximizing innate recuperative powers and minimizing the need for more invasive procedures.
Is an Adjustment Painful?
Although each patient reacts differently, the procedure is rarely painful. It can cause a variety of reactions from temporary soreness to a sense of relief and well-being.
How are Chiropractors Trained?
Chiropractic training includes more than five years of courses in anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnosis, laboratory and nutrition. In addition to their academic training, chiropractors also participate in an intensive post-graduate internship program.
How Long Can I Expect to Be Under Chiropractic Care?
How long and how often you see a chiropractor will depend on several factors:
- physical condition
- previous history of accidents or surgeries
- occupational requirements
- how well you adhere to our treatment program
Relief of pain usually happens quickly (within a month), though stabilizing your condition may take longer. This will be discussed with you before you start treatment.
What About Playing Sports?
Spinal injuries can restrict range of motion, reduce strength, slow reflexes, shorten endurance, and decrease performance. Chiropractic care for these types of injuries has become increasingly popular. Professional sports teams, Olympic trainers, and competitive athletes are employing chiropractic doctors – because they demand results. Whether you golf, play tennis, bicycle, or bowl, the best treatment for sports injuries is prevention.